Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Fish are friends in ATL

I took quite a few pics at the Atlanta aquarium and thought I had downloaded them to my desktop. Then deleted them from my phone. That's when I figured out the download stalled out and so I lost the majority of my aquarium pics. These are the few that were saved.

The Atlanta aquarium was quite popular on a rainy Sunday of a three day weekend. We tried to beat the crowds with an early start right after it opened, but there was this danged road race taking place that was staged there in Centennial Park where the aquarium is located. So we went for brunch and returned to find that most other folks had the same plan. 

I had read this is the largest aquarium in the US and they weren't kidding. 




Check it out below - only whale shark in captivity in the US. And some of the rays in the tank were outrageously large. You can see the scale of the viewing area in the pic below... impressive!



If I could, I'd buy a couple otters to live in my backyard swimming pool patio area. Y'all, they are seriously some of the cutest animals on the planet. They had on exhibit both river and well as ocean otters. I could have pulled up a chair and sat there all day, totally entertained by their funny faces and antics.


No comments:

Post a Comment