Thursday, February 21, 2019

Here comes Peter Cottontail

For the longest time, while I was a teacher, I only did serious decorating for Christmas. The past couple years, I've become a fan of fall decor. Bring on the blue and green pumpkins. Now it seems I've been bitten by the Easter bug, with rabbits being my main focus. As luck would have it, this year there is a big gap between valentines and Easter Sunday, which gives me the opportunity to get more mileage out of my decorating efforts.

I've been slowly gathering rabbit items over the past few weeks as they've become available in stores. I already had a few rabbits here and there. The vintage molds are some of my favorites, and you can see a few of them in the pic below where I'm staging items for decorating in a couple weeks.



Glass rabbits. Painted rabbits. Porcelain rabbits. Metal rabbits. I like 'em all. Mother and I hit a local craft store this week to buy the mesh and ribbon for an Easter/spring wreath. Now we just need to get motivated to put it together to display on the front gate.



And, finally, here's a golden oldie I grew up watching on one of the three channels we had on our B&W TV (with its own rabbit ears) back in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment