Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Rodeo, round 2

On Saturday, the husband and I took our senior and niece to the rodeo for the matinee. I gotta admit I like going during the day. Easy for my old lady eyes to see everything. No drunks. Getting home with plenty of time to do other things.



It wouldn't be the rodeo without a whirl through the midway and exhibits. As expected, it was a mecca of carnie food options. And yet the husband chose the old tried and true corn dog. 




I loved the big armadillo sandcastle we spied in one of the exhibit halls.



My favorite part of the rodeo is the little kinder-aged kids doing the mutton bustin'.



My least favorite thing at rodeo is the bull riding. As luck would have it, this matinee was just about ALL bull riding. With some bullfighting mixed in to send my blood pressure up a bit more. For those of you unfamiliar with rodeo bullfighting, it's basically these guys with a death wish in the arena with an aggressive bull, letting it chase him, try to gore him, attempt to trample him. You get the drift.






No comments:

Post a Comment