Friday, May 22, 2020

Hanging around

I think it's some unwritten lake house ownership rule that you must have a custom lake sign either in your house, on the back porch or hanging off the boat dock. Here's mine. It's 40x25" and I love it and it's going in the eat-in kitchen.



I decided that I wanted a "real" piece of artwork in the living room. So I snooped around online and chanced upon this 24x24" painting by a Memphis based artist. She did a whole series of these canoes. I find it arresting, yet soothing.



Of course, no one else in my immediate family appreciates its blue vividness with the small pops of yellow. So I guess I'll wait until we get the lake house set up in about two weeks with all of the furniture in place and see if I still think this picture is appropriate for the space. I'm already wanting to be done with the decorating so I can move on to the boating!

No comments:

Post a Comment