Sunday, May 3, 2020

Lake House Living

The husband and I attended our house inspection on Friday and I fell even more in love with the lake. It's just so peaceful up there on the water. I'm already envisioning sitting out on our back porch below, visiting with family and friends.


I've had a great time shopping online for furnishing ideas to make the lake house our own. It's a bit of a marriage between nautical and farmhouse. A little navy/cream, some jute, and mercury glass will be making an appearance in most rooms. Hopefully by July 4th we'll have all of the essentials and decorating done so we're totally set for company. Until then, I'm sure we'll be hosting family while it's still a bit of a work in progress with the fine tuning.

This time last year, the college daughter drew me a pretty fish picture that I had framed and then stored away because I figured I wouldn't need it for a few years. Now I've just commissioned her to paint me the following sign below, replacing it with the name of our lake since the colors will compliment her fish pic and join it in the downstairs guest room. We're covering our bases with the usual lake critters.


After some debate, I decided to order this customized 25x40" sign below to go in the upstairs double guest room. I added our lake name and replaced skiing with tubing since that's what our girls love to do. I also purchased three unfinished canoe paddles for the college daughter to custom paint for me to accompany the sign. It's gonna be super cute, y'all!


No respectable lake house would be complete without some personalized stadium cups and can koozies, so the girls helped me tweak this design/colors before I ordered them.


Now that I've got a better handle on what furnishings need to be ordered for each room and where I can get what I want to make it gel thanks to Pinterest, it's time to start thinking about a ride for the lake. I vote for a pontoon or deck boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment