Monday, October 12, 2020

Cook your own birthday meal

To celebrate my birthday, I told the family I wanted to hit our local fondue restaurant. We haven't been in many years, so it was kinda fun to recall past visits when the girls were younger and jazzed about the steaming pot in the middle of the table. Unfortunately, our younger daughter who attends college out of state wasn't able to join us, so maybe we'll have an all-in stroll down fondue memory lane over semester break when she's home for a month.

My favorite is the cheese course. I actually have a fondue pot and am quite good at whipping up their cheddar cheese recipe I found online. It's honestly really easy. All good recipes start with beer and garlic, right? The meat course is my least favorite, but I could eat buckets of their green goddess dip. By the time we roll around to the chocolate course as the big grand finale, I'm too stuffed to really enjoy it. But I give it a go anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment