Wednesday, October 28, 2020

October wrap-up

It's hard to believe we're already at the end of October. Lo and behold, it's finally feeling like fall here in my corner of Texas with our most recent cool front. Yesterday's high in the upper 40s was the lowest recorded temp for that date since 1925. Darn this global warming! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last week I did my civic duty, standing in a not-so-long line at 8:10 am to vote. Thanks to covid, I had to wear a disposable glove on my right hand. The upside is that I got a free pencil out of it since that's what we were all given - a brand new pencil - to use on the touch screen instead of our gloved hand. Which seemed a bit redundant, but I followed instructions.

With cooler temps finally arriving, I pulled out our thermal blanket and washed it to add to the master bedding. As soon as it came out of the dryer, I tossed it on the duvet where our old cairn Ollie was lounging. He immediately rooted up underneath the blanket to enjoy its fresh from the dryer warmth. And I can't blame him since I haven't turned on the house's heating system for the winter yet. By the weekend, we'll be back into the 70s with the ceiling fans running. That's how it goes this time of year in the deep south, temps that can fluctuate wildly on any given day.

My battle with the annual fall leaf drop has been much less stressful this year with our bedecked pool. We relocated some of out patio furniture up there and now it looks much more inviting. I can't wait to see how it looks once the Christmas lights are installed out there next month. It's gonna be fa-la-la-la-la festive!


No comments:

Post a Comment