Thursday, October 1, 2020

Santa-fying the lake house

I started collecting Santas back in 1992, and thus decorating for Christmas has basically taken care of itself for the past 15ish years. The trick is that 99.9% of my Santas are in the traditional Christmas colors of red and green. Unfortunately for me, this won't work with my shades of blue and cream lake house color scheme. Drat! My original plan to borrow some St Nicks from my 28 years of collecting came to a grinding halt when I realized that amounted to maybe two or three Santas in my many bins full of the man in the sleigh stored out in the workshop.

Sooooo... I've spent the past several weeks on eBay, looking for good deals on used Santas in shades of blue and cream to decorate the lake house. After quite a bit of haggling, I'm proud of the Santas I've found to use at the lake. Oh sure, I've paid regular price for several new Santas that caught my eye on other websites. Because seriously, Christopher Radko makes THE most adorable Santa themed ornaments for display. Fitz & Floyd is another personal favorite peddler of holiday Santas that I love. My husband bought me my very first F&F Santa cookie jar the same year I decided to focus on Santa for all holiday decor. Poor man had no idea about the Santa collecting frenzy that would ensue once he opened up the door to the fabulous ceramic St Nicks they produce every year. 

When I was snooping around on the internet, I ran across this 2020 Santa ornament. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw it, but this thing absolutely tells the tale of this crazy pandemic year.

 

I've never been a big fan of the beach, but it turns out there is a lot of beach specific Christmas decor out there. I found this cute plate on eBay that made me temporarily reconsider my thoughts about a home that would always have sand tracked across the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment