Friday, November 12, 2021

Political t's & riding in style

When I took my mother back to southeast Texas to visit her old school chums, I had lunch with one of my travel buddies and we went to a monthly trade day. It's a bit of a hodgepodge, antiques being sold next to homemade pickles and costume jewelry, with hand carved wooden toys and personalized hair bows just down the row. I was happy to find some of those handy soup bowl cozies in fun patterns to give as stocking stuffers. 

I also ran across a couple new Santas and blue milk glass to add to my collections. There were several places selling cute holiday themed t-shirts. Then I ran across the shirts below. Please excuse the salty language. Would anybody really wear something like this in public? I can't say I was surprised to spy these not-so-nice shirts with the president and politics splashed across them. In my opinion, it's elder abuse with a mentally diminished Joe Biden as our 46th president. President Biden obviously has some very real cognitive issues that are on display for the world to see any time he's put in front of a camera or makes a public appearance. And yet I feel sorry for him because dementia is a terrible disease that robs folks of the memories they cherish and turns family members into strangers. We should all be praying that in 2024 Biden will be replaced by a new president who is sharp as a tack, can navigate the subtleties of bipartisan politics and will begin the process of helping heal our divided nation. Narcissistic blowhards need not run... y'all know who I'm talking about here, ha-ha!


Yesterday when I was out and about, this car pulled up next to mine at a stop light. Lounging out of the back window was what appeared to be a Bernese Mountain dog. That's a whole lotta dog for a smaller SUV. He was just chilling, checking out all of the happenings around him. What a fuzzy cuddlebug!



No comments:

Post a Comment