Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Thankful for Thanksgiving

I'm really enjoying Thanksgiving week. The coed is home and we've been busy doing things like eating Tex Mex at her favorite restaurant, as well as baking homemade sugar cookies for her to decorate with friends. 

We decked the halls at mother's house, too. I also made a front door wreath for my sweet mobile groomer Lily and she was so happy to get it. I had her pick the colors/theme and she chose a snowflake scheme with blue and silver. All she has to do is fluff it and add the snowflake ornament in the center before hanging it.

I was at Target over the weekend, and was surprised when I ran across a breathalyzer. Who knew they made these for the general public to purchase? Honestly, it's a rather good idea for folks who plan to enjoy a bottle cup of cheer this holiday season. Though for $14.99, you wonder how accurate it is.

I enjoyed reading several Thanksgiving books this month with the two girls I tutor on Tuesday mornings. Volunteering in one of our local schools is so rewarding for me, because I genuinely miss being in the classroom. After teaching 5th graders for years, it has been interesting to work with the younger kids who need help. We read, write and work on building their vocabularies. I'm in zero rush to be a grandmother, but I must admit I look forward to sharing my love of reading with the next generation. 

I pray your Thanksgiving is shared with precious family and friends. May you recall all of the blessings God has bestowed on you in 2021, both big and small. There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment