Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Pumpkins begone

Now that we've kicked off November, it's time to start thinking about Santa Claus coming to town. I've already had to shoo away the Christmas lights installation company twice in October since we hadn't trimmed water sprouts off the oaks that get wrapped in red and white candy cane stripes, but that's a whole other post. Since I'm not hosting Thanksgiving this year, which is a lovely break, there was no need to leave the pumpkins out a couple more weeks. I've been enjoying them since August, so I had the husband haul my storage bins out of the workshop to pack them up and say goodbye until 2022.


I've cleared off all of the family room shelving so my cleaning lady can give that and a few other spots a good dusting this week in advance of me pulling out my tubs of Christmas decor. My new 6' Santa with tree should arrive by next weekend. I saw him several years ago in a favorite holiday catalog, but didn't get around to purchasing him until last month. I've got a couple spotlights to shine on him and give him pride of placement in a floor-to-ceiling window that looks out onto the front yard for folks passing by to see our newest (and largest) St Nick.


No comments:

Post a Comment