Saturday, March 26, 2022

It's raining leaves

Now that we've moved past any chance of a hard freeze, it was time to get the yard back to presentable after the big septic install. Last week I rang my local nursery to order eight pallets of St Augustine "Raleigh" grass to cover the fresh topsoil put down by the septic company after the job was finished. 


 
 

It's that time of year when the many oak trees in our yard do their annual spring leaf drop. Back before we mothballed the pool that was constructed beneath seven oaks with branches hanging over about half of it, I'd teeter on the edge of a nervous breakdown every March. It was a full time job to keep leaves from clogging up the skimmer, polaris and filter. I had the leaves blown and bagged when my yard crew came to put down the St Augustine sod. Three days later, it was back to looking like this.


While the guys were busy working in the yard, I took the dogs out on their leashes and noticed something I've been missing. I assume this heart on the tree has been here all along. However, I only just noticed it this week after living on the property for almost five years. I 💚 it when I find sweet things in nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment