Sunday, March 20, 2022

March odds & ends

This afternoon I tagged along to the husband's office with him because he needed to pick up a few things before he leaves for a work trip tomorrow. When we were walking from the parking garage to the entrance door, I spied a couple vultures chilling in the landscaping. I don't think I've ever been that close to one... unless you count those dining on roadkill as I whizzed by in my car. Truly a face only a mother could love.

In other humdrum news, I was getting some exercise in the hood over the weekend and saw my first bluebonnets this spring. With our lack of rain thus far in 2022, I'm afraid the wildflower crop will be decidedly sparse.

The accountant daughter's dog continues to be a source of entertainment. One of his favorite activities is to roll around in the dog beds adjacent to my desk in our home office. Such a character!

And, finally, the river house we're buying is listed as PENDING - yippee. Plus we got a full price cash offer on our lake house before it ever hit the market. We're very excited at this point, and hope both deals get done over the course of the next month or so per our contracts.



No comments:

Post a Comment