Friday, July 15, 2022

Drought days don't bother us

Being so close to the river's headwaters means that we still have some flow despite our current drought. Folks downstream aren't so lucky. Last I heard, we've only received about 5-6" of rain thus far in 2022. We are thrilled to still be able to enjoy floating and relaxing on the water.

Last weekend, an old hometown friend I've known for 40+ years took me up on my offer for her and her close family to stay at the river house. We had purchased one of those swim mats recently since that appears to be the thing here. Two of our neighbors across the river have their mats anchored out in the deepest part of the channel, so we had our visitors add this lime green mat to the mix so they could enjoy it.




We're back at the river house this weekend to do a bit more work with organization and storage. You know, secondary things like arranging the fridge and kitchen cabinets in a more usable way since we aren't busy entertaining. Adding more milk glass pieces to my blue sideboard and hutch. Putting our water hoses on those handy reel carts. I think it's this sort of fine tuning that makes everything run more smoothly down the line. There's no doubt I am my granny Doris' granddaughter!


No comments:

Post a Comment