Monday, July 4, 2022

River house revamp DONE

There are still some tweaks to be made to the interior. Things like artwork for several walls. Bedskirts for a couple beds. But the bulk of the river house was finished in time for us to celebrate the holiday weekend with the husband's side of the family.





 

The kitchen got a good trial run, with us baking and making several meals. I'm glad I opted for sturdy polished granite countertops that are easy to keep clean and mostly indestructible.

The back porch was a popular place to gather in the afternoons since we always get a good breeze up there. While the oldest generation lounged on the swing and rocking chairs, the rest of us trekked down our 55 steps to the Guadalupe where we floated the afternoon away. 





One place in the river house that still needs some work is the little chapel area. I've got a good start, but I'll be spending the rest of the summer gathering items to make it complete. One of my favorite things I've found on eBay thus far is the old communion tray, the same sort that held grape juice in my Baptist church when I was a kid.





The angel was originally on the decorative ledge in this same part of the house. I brought it down and placed it on a granite topped table with a light behind it so that it's backlit at night and more visually interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment