Saturday, February 10, 2024

286 days and counting

Even though our CPA daughter is in the thick of filing season with her client in Chicago, she found time to message with me and her planner this week about some of the finer points that still need to be decided for the wedding. Though all of the big decisions - caterer, florist, stationer, band - were booked before Christmas, there are still some details that need to be decided so vendors can be secured. 

The stage they need has been ordered. Now it's about prettying up that twenty foot tall white wall that is the current backdrop for the band. Both of the double chandeliers will be draped in greenery and flowers per the florist, so it can't be anything that threatens to upSTAGE that look, as it were. Right now I believe the options have been narrowed to pipe and draping in a pale pink blush with just a touch of florals that compliment the chandeliers, along with muted uplighting to enhance the room's overall vibe for dancing after dinner.

I don't know about you, but I had no idea there were so many choices to be made concerning the draping. The fabric options and colors are extensive. Hanging straight or arranged in a pattern. Velvet ties or floral accents. Of course, this is our first wedding and so I'm definitely learning a lot as we go through the process. The planner is keeping us on track with her spreadsheets and timelines. Admittedly, the CPA certainly has an eye for detail and is doing her part. Still trying not to become the dreaded momzilla you often hear about, I chime in when I'm asked for thoughts on selects and stay out of it the rest of the time. I planned our sweet little wedding almost 31 years ago on a shoestring budget since the husband was about to kick off law school in the Ivies, and so I throw in my two cents when prompted and write the checks for their big day that I just know will be a wonderfully memorable and blessed occasion for all of us. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment