Monday, February 12, 2024

Texas road trip

It's always good to get home, but I really enjoyed my visit to the DFW metroplex. This was my first road trip in the new SUV, and I was pleased it was a very smooth ride. I hit the Fort Worth area first to have lunch with one of my mother's dear friends from school. Mother was so happy when they were able to reconnect later in life and got to spend time in each other's company. They made some great trips together, including one over to England while we were living there. Additionally, every December they would gather together with mother's friend's sister as well as daughter-in-law to hang out and enjoy some Christmas festivities. There were lots of great memories made, and so I enjoyed having a lovely catch-up at lunch with the three of them.


A tradition they had adopted over the years was them bringing these cinnamon rolls to any weekend gatherings. With my mother, her love language was preparing food to share with those in her circle. We were always the glad recipient of her culinary efforts. And so mother's friend would bring these amazing cinnamon rolls that I was introduced to when mother decided to host them at our lake house. When they gave me the box of cinnamon rolls at our visit, I was so surprised. They were just as good as I remembered. And our law student was happy to enjoy a couple, too, since I visited her next in Dallas. I add a pat of butter to the top and heat them up in the microwave for about thirty seconds. Deee-licious!


Even though the law student was busy, we were still able to have lunch at one of her favorite local dining options. The menu isn't extensive, but the quality is always excellent. We dined on salads and were way too full to enjoy a big slice of their key lime pie. There's always next time.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment