Saturday, July 27, 2024

Pharmacy me up

Since neither of our girls became a gerontologist to take care of us in our old age, we probably should have encouraged one of them to become a pharmacist. Then I'd know who to ask about medicines and supplements that keep getting added to my regimen since I'm creeping up on my late 50s. 

I recently outgrew my smaller pill organizer and had to order this behemoth one to store everything I need to take each day. The reality is that there is only one completely essential prescription pill I take, the one for tachycardia that keeps my heart from randomly racing on occasion. Plus the vitamin D that my GP recommends. All of the rest that I toss back are about trying to get proper nutrients into my body, as well as maintaining the condition of my hair, skin and nails. Thanks be to God for hormones that keep the hot flashes at bay - such a blessing. As I continue to experience firsthand, getting old isn't for the faint of heart, nor is it cheap.


No comments:

Post a Comment