Sunday, September 15, 2024

False fall has come and gone

It's an annual occurrence, the excitement surrounding that first little cool front that pushes through to get us out of triple digit temps. We call it false fall. Actually, we get a lot of these false falls every year because the warmer temps creep right back in. Fortunately for us, our first hint of fall arrived earlier in the week, a bit ahead of its usual schedule. I sat in one of the porch swings at our pool pavilion in the late afternoon to do a bit of reading and didn't break a sweat. It was pretty amazing, y'all.

In honor of fall creeping up on us, I hauled out my new wreaths to put on our front doors. With the kick-off of college football season, I figured this year we'd represent our family's undergraduate institutions with a bit of Gig 'em and Hook 'em decor. Unfortunately for the Aggies, they're not off to as good a start as the Longhorns. But yeah, we'll hang in there and see how it goes.

The anticipation of autumnal weather means it's time to break out the big old soup pot and start looking at some of my favorite recipes. I decided it was still a bit early for chili, and so I whipped up chicken taco soup for me and the husband to enjoy. Broth based, with double the veggies, it's pretty healthy. But then we go and ruin that with the addition of toppings like sour cream, avocado, crumbled tortilla chips and grated cheddar cheese. The yummy tasting stuff is never good for you, lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment