Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Finn's hooked on the telly

I have no idea why, but our younger cairn Finn has become quite the television watcher. We had noticed him giving it some attention for the past six months. But now it has ramped up to very regular viewing. The problem with that is he's easily excited and/or disturbed by what he sees on TV. I think many of us can relate to witnessing disturbing things on the telly, y'all, and most times that's the evening news. 

At first Finn just barked at dogs. Then it branched out to all animals. Now it's anything that catches his attention. It's to the point where I had to go in search of the old fly swatter I had ferreted away beneath the laundry room sink to use as a deterrent. Truly a granny Doris move right there. I don't have to actually wield the fly swatter. All that's necessary is using a strident tone of voice and waving it in a threatening manner to get him to stop the television barking. He's such a quirky little guy. Who can resist that face, I ask you... even when it's naughty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment