Friday, September 13, 2024

I am the pumpkin queen

My pumpkin decor made its annual September appearance recently. Bin upon bin of pumpkins were distributed all across the first floor of the house. However, it's not just pumpkins. In 2021 I began adding squirrels and turkeys to the mix. Last year I found some pretty vintage ceramic turkey platters for a song on eBay. This year I discovered a couple good deals on a vintage milk glass turkey dish, as well as a glass turkey in the rare blue color I collect. It was very exciting, y'all.

I love how my little grouping of framed fall scenes is oh-so-relevant when the BER months roll around. Cozying up this little book reading corner in the family room only required me to add a fall pillow and voila, it became a seriously seasonal spot. I don't put out all of my pumpkin pillows anymore because the husband or dogs have a tendency to sprawl on the furniture where they're resting, which in turn has pillows flopping over or falling on the floor. So I gave up this year and went with a few less. All in all, I'm happy with the autumnal accents, particularly since I rolled out my apple and pumpkin scented diffusers this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment