Sunday, April 18, 2021

Lake and some chicken fried steak

Praise God that my mother has finally rebounded from the awful side effects of the immunotherapy treatments for her bladder cancer, thanks to steroids. For a few weeks there, I was afraid the cure might kill her before the disease. Since she was feeling better, I took her to the lake house so she could meet up with an old high school friend from the DFW area. They seemed to have a good time getting caught up. I took them to our new favorite hole-in-the-wall cafe in nearby Kingsland for some chicken fried steak and homemade rolls like they used to whip up at the elementary school cafeteria back in the day.

Later, we nosed around some of the shops on Main Street in Marble Falls and ran across a new bakery. I decided to sample a cookie, cupcake and decorated Texas. Thankfully, it all tasted as good as it looked.

I had arranged for my window washing guy at the big house to keep the windows clean at the lake place so we can continue to enjoy the views. So he and our sweet little pest service guy were in and out of the house on Friday. Last time we were at the lake, I spied some dirt on the back patio near the pool. On closer inspection, I realized it was some sort of animal poo. Sure enough, I walked out on to the dock to make sure the boat and jet skis were still in place and saw a lot of animal poo by the sun shelf end of the pool. I called the pest service guy over to take a look and he thinks it's probably ring tailed cats leaving their calling cards. Shy, nocturnal members of the raccoon family, we have spied them on the roof of the city house before. Cute or not, they're gonna need to quit using the flagstone around my pool as their personal toilet, or they'll soon get gathered up in live traps for relocation. 

Next weekend, we're headed back to the lake house to celebrate the husband's birthday weekend. We've invited a sweet teacher friend of mine and her boyfriend. I hope we have the same clear skies we enjoyed yesterday, though some high temps above 62 would be appreciated. I don't enjoy zipping across the water in my jeans and coat, all hunkered down trying to stay warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment