Friday, April 9, 2021

Running at top speed now

My desktop computer has been moving like a turtle through molasses in winter the past couple months. I was thinking it was about 5ish years old. Come to find out, it's practically a technological dinosaur at the ripe old age of eight. I didn't realize this was the desktop I got when we moved from England back to Texas the first time in 2013. So that thoroughly explains the reason why the rats on my CPU wheel were outta steam. I briefly contemplated purchasing a laptop, but decided to stick with the big ol' 27" desktop screen that I can see from the other side of the house.

The college coed's boyfriend turned 21 this week, so she sent me a pic of them at his birthday celebration. She's gearing up for a final push to the end of sophomore year later this month, working hard to pull down another 4.0 semester and stay on the president's list. In just three short weeks, I'll be flying to South Carolina to be her roadtrip buddy to get her car home for the summer. I'm already dreaming about stopping in New Orleans for a seafood meal and some beignets, yum-yum. The older daughter is actually in NOLA this weekend with some friends. I envy them the great restaurants and pretty garden district dressed in its spring foliage.


No comments:

Post a Comment