Monday, April 12, 2021

Leapin' lizards

I'm back to hand watering the landscaping plants in our yard these days, encouraging regrowth after the deep freeze of February. That's when I spied this well-fed guy along the little rock wall between our yard and the neighbors. He had an eye catching design along his back, which was easy to see since he's such a large specimen. I can only hope he has been dining on all of the worms hanging from our oak trees and falling all over the ground these days. I read in our local newspaper that they're moth larvae. Sounds like a tasty meal for our local reptile and bird populations.

I was curled up on the bed reading Saturday morning and I had dueling dogs in my lap. Look at those ears! These two play themselves out and then crash after all their romping.

I loved the light coming through the bedroom window and hitting the closed door into my exercise room. I keep some of my longer costume jewelry hanging there, and it was a lovely spotlight of color.


No comments:

Post a Comment