Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Getting into the spirit of fall

We're well into our first of the BER months, kicking off the most wonderful time of the year as far as I'm concerned. September is just the start of so many things I love - cooler weather, football, holiday meals and time spent with family. It doesn't feel like fall yet per the outside temps, but we'll eventually get to put away the shorts and flip flops. I pulled out the step stool yesterday to scratch around in my upper kitchen cabinets to locate our fun seasonal cups.

I also decided to go ahead and put out the fall decor at our lake house. The front porch is looking pretty festive. Alas, the dock area is giving me grief since the lift is on the fritz and our outboard motor on the boat also has an issue. Thanks to a couple social media groups where folks give suggestions for everything from landscaping companies to painters and hair salons, I was able to locate two different trustworthy local companies to come out and give me bids in order to get everything up and running again so we can enjoy autumn on the water. I'm a fan of morning boat rides, cruising along on still waters while the sun starts its crawl across the sky.

I did my sister a favor earlier in the week, going over to let out her basset hound Bucky for a mid-afternoon potty break since her husband was refereeing a football game right after work, and she had open house for parents at her middle school. Bucky was really glad to see me, flinging all 60 lbs of that long body with soup plate sized paws repeatedly in my direction as soon as I cleared the door. Oh my, what big ears you have! After he took care of his business and trotted back inside, I sat down and gave him some attention before I left. By the time I got back in the car, my black workout capris were covered in Bucky fur. That's one thing I appreciate about our terriers, the fact that they don't really shed.



No comments:

Post a Comment