Monday, September 27, 2021

October around the corner

Every year I tolerate the stifling Texas summer heat, wishing away my life waiting for the BER months to arrive. Once we hit September, I then long for time to slow down so I can enjoy the slide into all of the fun of fall and early winter. Soups are a seasonal favorite of mine. Today I cooked spaghetti and meatball soup, plus this sinfully tasty garlic bread that has butter AND mayo in it. Whipping up the meatballs from scratch makes all the difference in the world.




Last week the dogs enjoyed a bath with their mobile groomer Lily. Pepper was our pretty princess with the little yellow bows in her hair.


Chorkie continues to try and help with my Bible study lesson every week. He usually waits until I'm busy highlighting or answering questions to hop up and insist on some attention when he gets bored. Or wants outside. Like a rotten kid.

He and Ollie like to vie for my attention any time I sit on the sofa in the family room. 

FYI - it's never too early in the season to start prowling around eBay for good quality used Santas. I've located some excellent deals over the years. These are my latest finds that will be added to my line-up here at the main house. I also found a couple to add to my blue and cream Santas at the lake house. It's amazing how many Santas it requires to have sufficient coverage in the house's common areas that makes a real impact.



No comments:

Post a Comment