Wednesday, September 1, 2021

I've missed the lake

Last summer we were new homeowners on the lake, so we spent practically every weekend up there. This year we've only made it up to the lake for maybe 3-4 weekends. With the taxes we pay on our waterfront property, we should be spending a whole lot more time at the lake to justify its purchase. I've missed our time spent with family and friends, relaxing on the water. However, I didn't miss the lake crowds that always include a lot of inexperienced jet skiers who make a nuisance of themselves. Now that the fall semester has started and we're empty nesters once again, I hope we'll be able to hightail it up there more often over the next few months to enjoy our pretty view from the back porch. And chicken fried steak at our favorite lake restaurant where everything is made from scratch, including the school-style cafeteria rolls just like my granny used to whip up when I was a kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment