Monday, January 21, 2013

Snow, Snow, Go Away...

...because the girls and I need to fly to Texas Thursday morning to get their passports renewed.  

School was cancelled for today via text message to all parents yesterday evening.  The oldest daughter immediately asked me to drive her into town on the snowy roads so she could shop and have lunch with her friend on what has turned into a surprise three day weekend.  That's right - the school bus company believes the roads are still icy and dangerous, but it's okay to risk sliding our personal vehicle into a ditch so the teen can get a new shirt and eat a bowl of noodles.

It turns out that I didn't have to worry about cranking up the SUV and switching on the four wheel drive because we all lounged around the house like total sluggards all day.  I did make a crockpot full of chicken taco soup and wash a couple loads of clothes, but that was about it. Tomorrow the girls will return to school and I'll start knocking items off of my to-do list for the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment