Friday, November 20, 2015

Just Like Her Sister

I was reading through the weekly school e-newsletter and clicked on the link to see pics they've taken around school in the past couple weeks. I found four of the 9th grader, three of them taken with friends around campus.





After going through a reallllly long awkward stage for several years, she continues to emerge from her cocoon and more closely resemble her coed sister. Wearing braces, losing the baby fat and figuring out how to handle makeup correctly has been helpful. But I think a lot of it is just confidence. Maybe doing these things led to the confidence - I'm not sure. But I see a glow about her that I noticed about a year ago. 

I think the 9th grader was pleasantly surprised when a certain social media app started tagging her as her older sister. She certainly took it as a compliment. Of course, we're WAY more proud of how our little resident chick has had such a successful transition to life as an expat high schooler, getting actively involved and making outstanding grades on her first report card. She shines brightly from the inside out. Keep up the great work, gorgeous girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment