Friday, November 13, 2015

One Less Thing to Worry About

We all do it, worry about our kids. We hope and pray that they're motivated and successful, whether it's academics, sports or extracurriculars. That they make good friends, the forever sort, like some of the ones I've been blessed to have. That they find a vocation in life that makes them fulfilled like teaching does for me. 

Thankfully, the older daughter, a college junior, is really thriving at college. It figures that about the time we get her transferred back to a university in Texas, we hop the pond once again to live in the UK. However, the coed doesn't seem to be fazed by the fact that we're not living in the same country anymore. She's having a blast making great grades as well as enjoying her friends and sorority.



Fall Saturdays in the south mean college football is in full swing, and so she's tailgating. And attending midnight yell practice and learning all of the cool traditions at her new university.

When I was back in Texas for my surgery last month, my mother and I drove about seven hours roundtrip to have lunch with the coed and see her new apartment. That was my old stomping ground back in the late 80s, so it's fun to see how things have changed (or not) since I was there. 


I'm so proud of both girls, but especially our oldest right now for making such positive choices and really taking a bite out of college life. With 97 hours at the end of this semester, she's starting to consider graduate school options and we couldn't be happier for her. I look forward to seeing what her future holds.


No comments:

Post a Comment